Start here with the grant application process if you represent a Washington County based not-for-profit arts, heritage and humanities organization. You may apply for $1000 or $2000 grants for activities, events or communication that will:
- Build awareness of the role and value of arts, heritage or humanities and increase public participation; or
- Support existing Washington County cultural organizations; or
- Support art activities or temporary / permanent installations with high public impact; or
- Celebrate the diversity of cultures and increase community awareness of heritage and history; or
- Promote youth access to the arts, heritage and humanities to enhance learning and healthy human development
To apply for a $2000 grant, your organization must be a 501(c)(3) non-profit. Read the full grant guidelines here.
Here are the key points to keep in mind when applying for a grant:
- Start the process by applying for a grant when the application cycle opens in September of each year.
- This year the application period is September 1 – October 10, 2016.
- Review the Grant Award Rating Sheet.
- If your grant is approved, you will be notified by December 7, 2016.
- Attend a Grant Orientation session:
· Thursday, September 8, 2016, 4:00-6:00 pm, Hillsboro Shute Park Library” Meeting Room, 775 SE 10th Ave, Hillsboro 97123
· Tuesday, September 13, 2016, 3:00-5:00 pm, Beaverton Library, Meeting Room A, 12375 SW Fifth St, Beaverton 97005
- Grant projects must take place during the calendar year following the approval of your grant application.
- Acknowledge the source of your grant in promotional materials.
- File your Final Report.
Submit Your Grant Application
The Regional Arts and Cultural Council (RACC) serves as the CCWC fiscal agent for grant funds.
- Review the 2017 Grant Application Guidelines.
- Follow the 2017 CCWC grant application instructions (new this year).
- Submit applications online through the Regional Arts & Culture Council’s new grant application portal, www.racc.submittable.com.
Grant recipients will acknowledge the support of the CCWC and the Oregon Cultural Trust in all publicity related to the their grant. You may use the CCWC logos in your acknowledgement. They are available here:
If you want to re-size the CCWC logos, try the online tools at Resize-Photos.
The Cultural Trust graphic is available on their website.
Recipients are requested to mail copies of printed materials, press releases/coverage related to the project or activity to CCWC for its files.
Please mail them to:
Cultural Coalition of Washington County
c/o Eva Calcagno, WCCLS
111 NE Lincoln St. MS-58
Hillsboro, OR 97124
The Final Report for the grant cycle ending in 2016 must be filed online using the original Grant system. Your organization’s login credentials will be the same as those used for the grant application.
Example of Final Report Questions
For the 2017 grant cycle, use the new grant application portal at http://www.racc.submittable.com.